Wednesday, December 21, 2011


Maternal instincts.....

It kicks in and then there is no letting go! I had never thought of myself as anything close to maternal. I like babies and all things small but from a distance. I can smile happily and play with them but for half an hour to an hour maximum. And then it happened.......Maximillian came into our lives!
We saw him 3 days before we brought him home and i liked him but nothing else....the day we picked him up, Sai was settling things with his foster parents while I held him in the car....he was a tiny cold ball of white fur! He snuggled up against my chest and nuzzled my neck and love happened! Instantaneously! All my latent maternal instincts kicked in and how! So much that I'm thinking of the moment tying this out and I've tears in my eyes...happy fond warm lovely joyful tears :-)
I'm trying my best not to get attached to any of the pups at home now....not letting any of them come anywhere near my neck! But two days back, one of the braver pups, climbed up the stairs and came running to me.....I couldnt help but snuggle him!
Love happens and there is nothing you can do to stop it! I'm learning this again and again and again....
Leena

6 comments:

  1. :) .. that's sweet... well it has to happen when it's destined :) ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such an adorable little tale . . . you guys are such good ambassadors of love for animals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Leena: Hey, nice pictures :) and nice write-up :) :) Would have loved to see the pic of Alia sitting on top of Max :) :) it was awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will post that sometime....she keeps playing with him :-) so no problems with oppurtunity :-)

    ReplyDelete