Friday, March 2, 2012

 The Basilica calls again and again.....

The first time I visited the Basilica of Bom Jesus in Goa was when I was in school....I dont remember exactly but I think I was in my 9th or 10th grade and that would be in 1997-98. I thought it was beautiful then but I was too overwhelmed by the heat and travel and all I wanted more was to get back to the beach....
The next time was when I was in college. Our thesis trip in 2004. I saw the church in a more architectural light then and was in absolute awe at the magnificent structure! The beautiful laterite masonry and the majestic buttresses.
After those 2 visits, I have gone to Goa many many times but never managed to visit The Basilica. This trip I really wanted to visit it and as luck would have it, we did. Every time I visit, my wonder at the structure just increases! I was just as awe struck this time especially looking at it through my lens. To imagine it being built so long ago is just absolutely amazing!
I know I'll go back again......wonder what my reaction will be the next time.....
Leena


No comments:

Post a Comment