Thursday, July 5, 2012

Deja vous..........

Its funny but every time I see a lotus pond, I always have a vague recollection of lotuses when I was a child. Its very sketchy in my head and I don't remember how old I was. It was in India and elections were on and the BJP as part of their campaign was giving everyone on the road lotus flowers! I so wanted one and one of the party workers saw me struggling to come in front and came to me and gave one to me..... I was so happy! I think I skipped and hopped home with it and wouldn't let it go out of my sight! I don't know but I have a feeling I would have slept with the blossom too! I remember being that excited about it. 

I don't remember what happened to that flower afterward or what I did with it. Now that I am sitting and trying to recollect it, I am even beginning to wonder if it was all a dream and I remember it as an incident now......

It definitely has to be real....I remember the happiness vividly...I remember holding the lotus like it were the most precious thing.....such a happy memory......
Leena


No comments:

Post a Comment