Sunday, July 28, 2013


To new beginnings..........
I very vaguely remember my first day at school... my aunt had come to drop me off and I remember clinging onto her and literally fighting and scratching off anyone who tried to take me away from her! I settled in very soon and very well in the days to come but I remember the confusion and fright of being left in a whole new place with whole new people very vividly......
Ally's first day at school was completely opposite! Sai and I were with her through the hour and she had a ball! She played in the park, worked with the material, made friends, sang songs, had circle time and ate her snack with all her new friends.
The first 3 days I went with her.... then it was only her going in... she was ok for a whole week and on the 10th day, she had a cold, wasnt feeling too good and bawled her heart out! Her teacher asked me to leave and I did.... with Ally running behind me crying..... it took all my strength to leave her crying for me at the gate and I was almost in tears by the time i reached my car. I had my mobile clutched in my hand the whole time in case they called me from school. I went back in an hour to find my little one happily playing with her friends.... she was absolutely fine and totally enjoying herself!
She loves school now so much that she asks to go even on weekends!  Its a whole new beginning for both of us.... the beginning of independence for her and the beginning of letting her be independent for me..... cheers to both!
Leena 


No comments:

Post a Comment