Saturday, May 9, 2015


The Sisterhood of Motherhood.......

Today made me think about what it is about being a mother that I love the most. The first thought was how it had made me value my mother a hundred thousand times more. Next thought was of my little ones - Max's head tilt, Cocoa's piercing eyes and Ally's heart melting smile and happiness. The third was how it has connected me so deeply to so many people.... I've an awesome set of friends who are all bound by motherhood and love.

I've become a lot more closer to my mother. In fact, I am also a lot more closer to my father because of motherhood. I understand a lot more about what they do and say. I am veering slowly towards becoming them in fact!
I know why my other mother (mother in law) does a lot of things she does and I learn from her.
I identify a lot more with all my friends who are mothers themselves. I've made friends because of being a mother and those friendships are one of the best things that has happened to me.
This understanding that I have begun to share with everyone is the most amazing things about being a mother - this sisterhood - the bond that connects all of us so deeply......

This awesome thing - being a mother, it has made me a different, better, nice, patient person. It has given me a lot of insight into myself and into every little thing in life. It has taught me to be selfless and enjoy it. It has given me a huge big reason to love and love and love...... and whats even better than giving love? Receiving it.

Trust me its been the most worthwhile journey so far......


No comments:

Post a Comment