Wednesday, August 29, 2018


Reflections ...... 

Its been a while since I posted ..... its been a while since I indulged in clicking images for the fun of it and not as work. 
That is why when I was thinking of an image to blog about I had to think hard. Look through my archives to see what I could use. And I came across this .... I didnt initially remember when or where this was. And then it struck me. New year lunch I think ... at least 2 years back at Villa Maya. 

2016 was a good year. It had to be when it started out like this. The more I look at the image, the more I am remembering. We were at a small holiday at the Raviz in Kollam and had driven back to Trivandrum and stopped at Villa Maya for lunch. There was a mirror on the wall opposite my seat. Beautiful, elegantly ornate one hanging tilted on the wall. And through my utterly delicious meal (never been disappointed with Villa Maya so far), I kept looking at the mirror, my reflection and that reflected in the mirror on the back wall. I found the whole thing so fascinating that I froze the moment. 

Looking at the image now, I am so glad I did. This is precisely what I love about photography. The fact that an image can bring back so many nuances that led to its being. so many memories and thoughts associated with it. 
This was 2 years back but I am sure I will remember that day, the lunch and my fascination with the mirrors as clearly more years down the lane when I will stumble onto this image again. 

The idea of 'freezing moments' has always fascinated me and now I know precisely why .... to more beautiful times and more images capturing the spirit and memories associated with them ..... 









No comments:

Post a Comment