Wednesday, January 4, 2012


They come and they go....

When we figured out that we were going to have pups, I was the most worried. Pups are as huge a responsibility as babies and we had enough on our hands already! Worrying didnt get me anywhere and Tiny had 8 beautiful pups...4 male and 4 female. The first 3 weeks were good....the mother took care of them and they were too small to move around and do anything much. And then after the 4th week, they started walking confidently and the havoc started!
8 little pups are really tough to contain and they were all over the house, trying to climb stairs and run between the furniture, play with my older doggies and nibble anything in sight! I'm not even going to talk about the amount of poop and pee! At that point all I wanted was to try and get them homes as soon as possible....wanted them out of my hands!
They are 43 days old today and 4 of them went to new homes yesterday and I miss them. The garden seems totally empty without all 8 (+ 3) of them bouncing about fighting with my plants! The box they sleep in is looking waaaay to large for the 4 of them left and mealtimes are just not the same....
4 more to go to different homes and our home will not be the same......
Leena

4 comments:

  1. :) ... I guess that's what happens... but hey, they have new homes and new parents just like u guys to look after them... :) How is Tiny taking taking it though? She would be missing them..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiny is elated! Think shes had enough of them!! She bolts when she sees them coming near her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leena.. Dont worry.. Your Pups are fine. They are very much playful like there parents.. Iam so happy to see these pups playing in my home and iam sooo thank ful for u.. Now its ur turn to suggest names for these two pups... Plzz...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vinod, i am so glad they are happy :-) you guys will be great to them - i am sure :-) Will think of names and let u know... :-)

    ReplyDelete