Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A very friendly visitor.......

Bangalore has very few crows. Coming from Kerala where you see crows all over the place, I quite miss them here. So imagine my surprise when one landed in our backyard and seemed in no hurry to fly away and in no way scared of us! The crow had hurt his leg and had come to rest a little. I had the camera with me and wanted to take snaps but was worried that he would fly away if I went close. How wrong I was! I kept slowly edging closer to him and he just sat on the ground wondering what I was trying to do!
This shot was taken with a 50mm lens with me sitting right in front of the crow. I have to say, he was quite a poser! He didn't feel threatened by me or the camera in any way at all. 
I was hoping that my boys ( Max the boxer and Cocoa the lab) wouldn't come and see our visitor but that was hoping for too much! Max is most curious about anything which comes into his garden and of course wanted to find out what the crow was upto and play with it. Again, the crow was really calm about Max being around and started walking away only when Max got too close and started sniffing. Max just wouldn't let him rest though. He is not used to too many creatures not being scared of him and he kept going closer to figure out what was with the bird! The crow finally decided that our backyard wasn't the best place for him to get rest....he gave Max the dirtiest look and flew away to a nearby tree.....
Wonder if he'll come visiting again....
Leena



No comments:

Post a Comment