Monday, May 7, 2012

Beautifully laid to rest......

I have always found cemeteries so so beautiful......the serenity, the locations, the flowers, the cravings, all of it fills me with a sense of beauty. I've chances up on stunning cemeteries in a lot of trips....and amazingly, I vividly remember all of them! 
The St Georges Cemetery behind the Oxford Press in Chennai, the quaint little stone church and the cemetery up the hill in Munnar, the cemetery behind the Trinity Church in Ooty with gorgeously adorned tombstones dating as far back as the 1830s, another ancient cemetery in Coonoor, the Pattoor Cemetery in Trivandrum and yesterday the St John's Cemetery in Kalpalli Bangalore. 
Just realised that I have visited a lot of cemeteries! I dont know if that is a creepy thing but I really do love the tranquility and peace in a cemetery..... 
Leena

No comments:

Post a Comment